Introduction to Computer Music
Graduate Assistant: Sam Torres
Course Syllabus: here
Basic Acoustics: read more about it here.
Synthesis fundamentals and control
Studio usage basics
Lab session classes
Using MIDI Sequencers (Logic)
- The MIDI language
Review for Midterm exam: October 17, 2016
Midterm exam: October 19, 2016
Max part 1
Assignment 6, October 19, 2016
- Assignment 1: September 2, 2016
- email instructor, requesting placement on "ccm" mailing list
Assignment 2: September 9, 2016:
- Assignment 3: September 12, 2016
- Arrange a time with Sam to take the practical exam.
- Assignment 4, September 16, 2016:
- Record four tracks of MIDI into Logic. Use 4 seperate tracks of a piece at least 25 measures long. Carefully edit your sequence to make it perfect.
- Orchestrate your sequence using any virtual instruments available in Logic.
- Assignment 5, Octobe 12, 2016
- Begin work on your musique concrete project. Choose some sounds and begin experimenting with transforming them.
Assignment 7, November 7, 2016
- Complete your musique concrete project. Due Monday, Novmeber 7.
Assignment 8, November 18, 2016
- Complete the first 15 Max tutorials.
- Complete the first 10 MSP Tutorials.
- Make a Max/MSP patch that does one of the following:
- Generates random music
- processes an input signal in more than one way.
- is a MIDI controlled synthesizer
- has a jitter component that responds to audio or MIDI.